Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quick Trip to California





Shane and I just got back from a fabulous, quick trip to CA. We zipped down there at 5 a.m. on Sunday morning (to beat the horrendous Thanksgiving rush from Vegas to CA). We did really well and miraculously there weren't even any accidents to slow us down. We got there for my sister Heidi's birthday, she gave me a hug and said I was her present. She is so kind. She has lost 70+ pounds and looks absolutely amazing, she straightened her hair one day and with her skinny self, Debi said she looks like a "pencil"! We are just jealous but we love her and are so happy for her. On Monday, we hung out with the family and that evening, I went to see "Australia" with Debi and Dad. It was so great, I can't wait to see it again with Stacy. It's really an epic saga (2 hours and 45 minutes long!) - I highly recommend it.
On Tuesday, Shane and I went to Disneyland. I haven't been for about 7 years, so after buckling down and paying the $69 admission price, ($12 parking), we headed into the park. It was really cool, all decorated for Christmas. It was a perfect day - 60 degrees and threatening a little rain - that means less crowds. All of the Californians (yes, I know I'm a CA native, but I'm always hot!) were all bundled up with scarves and coats for the weather. I wore my crop pants and a t-shirt, Shane was in jeans - we were perfectly comfortable. We went on all of the rides (that we wanted to) in the park, the longest we waited in line was 15 minutes for Star Tours - that's my kind of day at Disneyland! I was quite pleased that I have been walking (Thanks, Megan!), so I had no trouble walking all over the park and up and down all the stairs for the rides, even if Shane thought I was a little slow. That night, my parents took us out (with Heidi's family and Debi) for a fabulous meal to finish celebrating my dad's birthday - he's 79! This morning, we jumped in the car for the ride home, my dad couldn't believe we drove all that way for 2 1/2 days there, he said "I'm glad you did, but I don't know if I would have done that for you" - he is so funny!!