Monday, March 22, 2010

Sister in Law Retreat...

Our 11th annual Sister in Law Retreat was held this past weekend at my house. My husband is one of 7 children, 6 of them are boys. So we are all 'sister-in-laws'. My wonderful mother-in-law comes too. We meet from Thursday to Sunday at one of our homes - no kids or husbands allowed. We take turns cooking fabulous meals and go out for one dinner. We work on projects, like scrap booking, card making, quilting, cross-stitching, or just hanging out, reading and visiting. This is the first year that I had it at my house. (All of the kids are now gone, so I have room!) Mr. Handsome went and stayed at his mom's house in the next town over. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and were out there for an hour or so each night. When all 7 of us girls were in it, it overflowed some. (It's built for 5.)Both Denise and Jen got a quilt quilted and bound.We thought Denise looked funny with both her glasses AND a magnifying glass, doing her counted cross-stitch.After driving to the restaurant for dinner, my car wouldn't start! (This had happened a couple of months ago, so we bought a battery and I then drove around with the battery and the jumper thing-y in the back seat for a month. We finally took the battery back two weeks ago, since the car was working fine.) Luckily, Ben came and rescued us, along with the cute waitress with the jumper cables.Did I mention that mostly we ATE. Everyone made such delicious food, with Rose on the desserts. (That's Michele taking credit) Afterwards I felt like I'd been on a cruise, I'd eaten so much, so often and I enjoyed it immensely!! I am now exhausted, but satisfied. We stayed up until all hours, even me, I was up until 4 a.m. on Saturday! I am usually quite the party-pooper! Lucky for me, Michele forgot her book, so I am going to read it quick, before I have to return it to her next week!