Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Motto...

I've decided that my motto in life is: "If it isn't fun, I ain't doing it"I have tried to stick by this motto pretty much always, sometimes it is hard. Especially when I had lots of cute little babies and kids (diapers, huge piles of laundry that you could NEVER catch up on, parent-teacher conferences, endless soccer practices, children fighting over EVERYTHING, etc.) We used to raise Labrador retrievers (giving puppies shots, cleaning up LOTS of puppy poo, etc.). I also used to run our construction company office (lots of phone calls - trying to get 5 kids to be quiet during such phone calls - getting the bills out, payroll, quarterly reports, banking, etc.)
There is lots of work in this life, but as I'm getting older, I am appreciating it more. I spent a couple of hours working in the flower beds yesterday, weeding, planting, putting out more bark and even though my back was so sore yesterday that I went in the jacuzzi TWICE, I am thankful. Thankful for those cute little babies and kids that have grown up to be such amazing, wonderful, beautiful, talented, awe-inspiring adults. Thankful for my home with the flower beds that I can enjoy. Thankful that we don't have dogs anymore (sorry, you dog lovers). Thankful that I don't have to worry about paying the bills now, there seems to be more money around now that we don't have to buy so many pairs of shoes and feed so many mouths - plus, Mr. Handsome is pretty dang good at 'bringin' home the bacon'. I am also thankful I have a jacuzzi to soak these old bones in.
I know there is plenty more 'work' for me to do, but there are lots more "fun" choices in my life now, and I think I can really appreciate them, because of the work I've done so far.