Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally a Friday...

I love Fridays, they are my favorite day of the week. Fridays aren't usually too busy, I am planning on getting some sewing done today. It is date night with Mr. Handsome - always fun. We usually go out to dinner as part of said date, I do enjoy cooking, but it's nice to go out. (This week I made a soup that I saw on Rachel Ray's 30-minute Meals and can I tell you, it took me a full HOUR to make! AND it wasn't even that good! This is not my first pot of soup, so I was disappointed that it took me so long and I was starving by the time it was finished, so it should have been delicious, given how hungry I was. I have some other soup recipes that are much better, although as I think about it, they are cream-based soups, which somehow are usually pretty tasty.) Back to Friday...

I can stay up late without worrying about getting up early on Saturday, (which is another favorite day of mine). I usually putter around the house doing laundry and random cleaning items - which doesn't sound fabulously fun, but doing the laundry for 2 is such a piece of cake after doing laundry for 7 for so many years that it's not a problem. -And heaven forbid I clean the whole house in one day, I just break it up a little at a time, for example today I wiped down the stove top and stainless steel appliances, I'm saving, dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms, etc. for another day - oh make that another 2 or 3 days, I wouldn't want to overload myself!
I finally finished this quilt for my wonderful soon-to-be-a-grandma-sister:

I could have used higher-contrast fabrics, but I think she'll like it. It turned out pretty big, so it will last till those grandbabies are in school! (The pattern is called "Layered Stars")

I was very proud of myself, piecing my leftover Minkey scraps for the back, I am turning into a true quilter - using scraps and all that.