Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guess what I spent 3 1/2 hours on today?


Yes, a little paper-piecing project for the Guild. A whole bunch of us agreed to do two of these blocks, using our own 30's fabrics, with the guild supplying the white, blue center and outside yellow fabric. They are going to use them to make a couple of cool quilts for the July Auction/Fundraiser this year. They were quite stingy with the yellow fabric, you probably can't tell because of my artistic block-posing abilities, but I'm a little short. I wish they had been just a tad more generous with the yellow fabric (or included a cutting diagram). I figure I'll go to guild next month, check my name off the list as having turned them in and throw them quickly into the pile, so my name won't be associated with the 'short' blocks. Sounds like a good plan to me.
P.S. I found my missing fabric! I had actually left it at my quilt bee meeting last week and my friend, Judie brought it to me this week - on with binding!!