Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fall is Coming

     I know we are in the dregs of summer (my least favorite, sweaty, sweaty, season) - But I am looking forward to Fall with a vengeance! I have a quilt retreat in September (the celebrated Birthday Month), plus I will be heading to Missouri to visit my wonderful daughter, Brookie, My Cookie to see my newest granddaughter, who will soon be making an appearance! 
     Followed by a retreat in October AND November (see why I need to quit my job?)  I am super excited about the classes I've signed up for at the Utah Quilt Guild retreat - A class on organizing my sewing space - always a favorite with me.  A class on "designing for dummies" - yes, that's me for sure! A scrappy Bulls Eye quilt and class from a national teacher - Anita Grossman Soloman (I bet she gets tired of writing all those names) with a cool, new (to me) paper-piecing technique. 
     I did get my magical machine into the shop, so hopefully I will be quilting again soon!  I have a few tops that are all ready to go!  I did go back to my quilting bee today after a month's absence and it was so wonderful to see all of my quilting buddies and chat a bit. I also finally finished the first embroidery block from my Block of the Month that started several months ago, so I am feeling a bit accomplished! As soon as I wash off the water soluble printed pattern, I will post a little picture...
     Hope you're having a good day today! My day is much better than yesterday (went to the doctors for my physical - bleck)