Monday, November 15, 2010

A project...

I went down to California for a quick trip to see my family. My sisters and I got pedicures:
My sister, Heidi, comes to visit a lot (at least she used to...)and whenever she does, when she packs to go, her "straightener thing-y" is always still hot and she can't put it in her bag. So I thought I could make her a "straightener thing-y holder thing-y". And I did:


1. Purchased silver heat-proof stuff and batting at the quilt shop & borrowed Miss Amanda's old straightener that is held together with a rubber band (her emergency back-up straightener)

2. Put it with a fat quarter and free motion quilted it. Put some left over binding on the top edges. I then tried to figure out what would work best, I tried to make a two pocket thing-y so she could put the hot part in one section, then the cord in the other (this involved unpicking and a lot of frowning):

This was a little bulky and I looked at the left over part I had cut off and just sewed that into a slimmer pocket and that worked better. (No unpicking and no frowning)
My sister loved it and maybe she will come and visit again soon...

P.S. Amanda said I could keep the straightener, since when her puppy chewed the cord off of her "good one", the back up one just would not do at ALL and she bought a new one right away.
P.S. S. - I am always taking a "quick trip" - maybe I can't commit...
P.S.S.S. I am thinking I could have just used an oven mitt from Wal-Mart...