Saturday, October 2, 2010

We're Jammin'

So today I thought I'd tackle making peach (freezer) jam:

Ta-da!!

Those little marks on top of the containers are numbers - for the batches they are from. 1 & 2 are probably not going to be very good. In batch #4, I used a little too much fruit - will they set up?? Batch #3 is your best bet. I followed two different recipes from two different brands of pectin - one had more fruit. I learned how to boil peaches for a minute, then slip the skins off - a very handy skill I have now mastered. Notice that it is full daylight in the first picture and it is after 9 p.m. now and I am tired! I also made 2 peach pies, well one is a pie, the other is a square thing-y - (I only own 1 pie pan). The pies turned out very tasty, but not very pretty - thus they did not make it onto the blog -poor things.

I also got the windows washed today!!!! Goody for me, they look amazingly clean (That's why I only do them once or twice a year, if I did them more often I wouldn't appreciate the amazing difference!!).

(Yes, I am feeling very Utah-Mormon-y today)