Monday, October 18, 2010

Marital Relations...


I've been married to Mr. Handsome for coming up on 30 years this spring. He makes me laugh, he takes great care of me and has been a wonderful provider, husband and father, etc., etc. (I could go on). We just got back from a wonderful weekend at our little condo yesterday - we went hiking, shopping, to the movies (RED - I highly recommend it!), eating out, sleeping in (for me) and golfing (for him). I have noticed that a lot of our humorous times revolve around sexual innuendos, sly smirks, and flirty remarks. It is a lot of fun. It's not anything you can share with others, because frankly that is gross, crass, inappropriate, etc. Sometimes friends and I touch (very) lightly on the subject of how much fun it is to be married - nothing too personal, because that would be gross, crass, inappropriate, etc. It is just another thing that binds you to each other - something private and special. I think that many, many married couples really enjoy each other and that aspect of their relationship and I'm glad for all of us! I love being married and highly recommend it to everyone I know. That is not to say that it is easy, always fun or even right for everyone, but I am grateful that it is working out for us. I was 17 when I got married and I am amazed that it has all worked out (work being the operative word here).

P.S. Please don't think we have a 'perfect' marriage (whatever that is) - I couldn't even write this post on certain days of the month, if you know what I mean - but most days it's pretty great!