Saturday, September 25, 2010

Morning Thoughts


While walking around the neighborhood early this morning, I noticed a couple of 'seasonal signs' on people's front doors. One said "Spring" and one said "Snow". It is early Fall, so obviously these signs have been up long past their proper 'season'. What is it about these decorations that makes us buy them (or make them) and put them up, only to lose interest after awhile? I have several boxes of crap, I mean decorations, in the basement and I can barely make myself put up SOME of the Christmas decorations! Yet every time I'm in a home dec store or gift shop, I look longingly at the cute decorations. However, after nearly 30 years of keeping house, I cannot look at them and not picture them covered in dust, taking up room in the storage area - definitely NOT cute. So I will continue to not be much of a holiday decorator and probably feel a little guilty and jealous of those gals that seem to have it all together with their holiday decor, until they leave it up long past the season, then I will be self-righteously judgemental...