Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sweatshop Saturday...





My family calls my fabulous quilting studio in the basement, "The Sweatshop", I love to hang out down there and listen to my iPod, watch MY TiVo and just sew my little heart out. With the weather turning colder, Amanda, who is freezing in my cold house, wanted to make "corn bags" that you heat in the microwave to keep you warm for hours. Stacy wanted to get started on his next quilt project (The photo is of his first quilt, "Phat Daddy" - made from 20 'fat quarters' of fabric. It is for Amanda) from the kit he purchased at the quilt store. I was finishing my fabulous "dot" quilt - "M & M's" on the quilting machine. So, joy of joys, we all 3 hung out in my quilting studio (it's so huge, we all fit!) and sewed and had a great time! Amanda finished 5 corn bags, I finished quilting my quilt and Stacy made a lot of progress on his newest masterpiece. The funny thing was, we all were stiff and sore from sewing for so long, Amanda said, "No wonder old ladies have hunchbacks, it's from hunching over a sewing machine!". Afterwards, we picked up babygirl and headed up to Laura's jacuzzi for a nice soak! Great day!