Friday, June 27, 2008

Going to the Movies




Well, today I took Austin to the movies to see "Kung Fu Panda". It looked cute and I was looking for an excuse to see it. We went over to the Scera Theater and bought our tickets. Then we bought popcorn and rootbeer and got a mini pack of skittles too - they have a great kid deal - the treats are only $2. I love to go to the Scera because it's a big theater like I used to go to when I was a kid, they even have a balcony! (When my sisters and I used to go to the movies when we were kids, we weren't allowed to sit in the balcony unless we had an adult with us, I guess they didn't want kids to be throwing popcorn or maybe they didn't want us to see what was going on up there?) Austin was having a hard time sitting in her chair, she couldn't quite hold the seat down with her weight, so we moved to one of those cool big chairs, like a mini couch, where we could sit together. She quite enjoyed her popcorn, the rootbeer and the skittles and was enjoying the movie, but fell asleep on my lap about 1/2 hour into Kung Fu Panda. I just snuggled her up and enjoyed the rest of the movie with my perfect excuse, snoozing in my lap.