Saturday, August 3, 2013

On the design Wall

So I've been working on this quilt for a year, it was a block of the month at my local quilt shop. I like how it turned out, but it had terrible directions (or I am just a failure as a quilter - a distinct possibility). Each month you chose another fabric to add, so the first block had two fabrics, the second block had three, etc.
I am going to give it to the kind couple who have the condo next to ours in Hurricane and always take our trash cans down, since we are never there on trash day.  So I just need to piece 3 backs now and I can get back into quilting them. Did I mention I hate to piece backs?
On another note - the other day I read in the paper about a study of how the heat makes people more likely to  commit acts of violence and start wars, etc. Ha - I could have told you that, I feel pretty violent when it's super hot - especially day after day after day! Hope you have somewhere nice and cool to quilt and escape!