Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Old Age (Sorta)

     So, I am writing today to complain about my ridiculous body! 2 weeks ago, I could hardly walk (we're talking riding on those carts at the grocery store!) because of the plantar fasciitis in my left foot that occasionally flares up.  I was limping around, wishing for a handicapped placard so I could park as close as possible to my errands.  Then, last week, my right knee swelled right up for no apparent reason!!! (But my plantar fasciitis went away), then, my knee has been gradually getting better and two days ago my sciatic nerve started giving me fits!  Keeping me up at night, making it hard to sit, there was no comfortable position!  Bleck! The jacuzzi helped some, along with some nifty stretching exercises I saw on YouTube, so I am getting some relief there. My thumb has arthritis in it, so it hurts when I even try to zip up a ziplock baggie - grrr!  And the hot flashes are what are really driving me bonkers! I am so tired of waking up sweating multiple times each night and wanting to divest myself of my clothing several times a day!  It's cool weather here now, but I am dreading summer, when I cannot just zip outside for a breath of fresh air!
     Now, I am not a marathoner, but I am not a total couch potato either! I hit the gym 3-5 days per week, but since my body started seriously falling apart, it's all I can do to take a little mosey around the block with the dog!  I am still 6 months away from the big 5-0!  What's coming in a few more years? Total paralysis? Anyway, that's my rant for the day, and if I have already ranted about it, I have forgotten, my Alzheimer's may have kicked in too...