Friday, April 12, 2013

Remodeling

     So the remodeling around here is coming to a fine finish! I told Mr. Handsome if we live through this weekend we will be pretty much home free! The painters have been here for the last couple of days and will be back to finish the basement tomorrow. (They painted upstairs hallway, dining and family rooms as well as touched up all of our white trim).  I am giving my darling daughter-in-law, Tricia, a baby shower tomorrow, so we will be dusting, re-hanging pictures and arranging here tonight and cooking in the morning. I am doing a brunch, since I have a yummy quiche recipe (thanks to Miss Paula Deen) that is pretty easy to make and I thought I would whip up some mini pound cake cupcakes and serve them with whipped cream and strawberries. Well,  I made them last night and no, I did not use those bitty paper wrappers (I did not have any) and of course, they STUCK terribly and were not salvageable. So, onto plan B (Costco cake- a cop out, I know!) Note to self - always use the bitty papers!!!!  I have managed to convince Mr. Handsome to cut up the fruit for the fruit salad, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.  Cross your fingers that the guests will not notice the paint fumes wafting upstairs all morning...
    The dishwasher has been broken for the past week or so, so the repair man came today also, but needed to order a part, so it's still washing dishes by hand (we are going out to dinner).  I did manage to get over to my kids house and do a couple of loads of laundry so my towels didn't mildew before the laundry room is back in operation.  The carpet guy came today to measure, we just need to pick out carpet now (and pay for it!), the electrician has a bit of work to finish and there are a few other small items and we are done!
     Of course, then my work really begins, plenty of dusting and cleaning out of the house and finding new lovely homes for all of my quilting loveliness - so exciting!  So, I should have pictures to post next week, at least of the empty studio and laundry room.  Hope you're are enjoying your quilting or whatever it is that makes you happy!