Monday, April 9, 2012

Thinking...

So, after finishing the first season of "Downton Abbey" on Netflix, I have come to the conclusion that my life would be a lot better if I had a staff of servants. Mr. Handsome and I spent part of the weekend washing part of our windows, curtains and blinds - that was a bit of work! We have the other half to look forward to doing in a couple of weeks (sigh). I know I need to be grateful that I have a wonderful husband to help me and do the heavy work and I have my health that I am able to do it, but still, watching that show several nights over the last week or two, makes me a wee bit envious.
I am finally showing the quilts I got quilted and bound last weekend - I am quite happy with how they turned out - it seems that even mediocre quilt tops look much better when quilted and bound. This one is going to be auctioned off at the family reunion this summer: (It is made from scraps)
I finished this one for sweet little Sydnee, and even though it is huge for a baby quilt, it turned out great and Amanda loves it - always important! Made from a kit.
I also finished this little baby for a shower gift:
(Every time I take pictures of my quilts on my family room floor I am reminded that I would really like to get new carpet sometime soon....)
I am off to stitch up some receiving blankets that I like to keep stocked up for quick baby gifts...