Friday, April 20, 2012

Bliss

Yesterday, at the quilt shop, I purchased some fabric for a new project.  I had purchased this pattern a couple of years ago and I was super excited to get started!  
Even though it is more work to traipse all around the store, hauling bolts of fabric hither and yon, it was fun! Here's what I bought, I will add goodies from my stash and may need to shop some more.

It seems like I haven't made a quilt "from scratch" lately.  I have sewn up a few kits,  made some from pre-cuts plus a couple of scrap quilts for my most recent projects. I forgot how much enjoyment I get out of that part of the process of quilting.  Last night (at family quilt night) I got the center done:


Granted, the center is probably the easiest, least time consuming part of this quilt, but I love seeing it on my design wall! I am owing this burst of creativity to going to Quilt Guild this week, where I saw lots of gorgeous quilts and it just made me start dreaming about quilting again. Life seems to get busy and stay busy, so I am glad I remember that I have to make time for this hobby that I love!