Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Madness

March is a busy month around here - fun stuff, and lots of it! Just got back from our 13th annual Sister in Law retreat (My husband has 5 brothers and 1 sister), we went south for nicer weather and had a blast. We did a little shopping, a lot of visiting, very little sleeping, plenty of eating, and an amazing amount of laughing - probably aided by the lack of sleeping.
I finished a quilt top, which is good, but, of course, I had taken 3 quilts to work on and was somewhat disappointed that I only worked on one, I swear I have a "sweat shop" injury, my shoulder/neck is pretty stiff and sore.
There were 7 of us, including my great Mom-in-Law and we did various projects and ate various junk foods and enjoyed great meals cooked by each other as we do every year.
Denise brought a really cool lego set to put together (and, yes, she took it apart afterwards to take home!)
Jen dyed Denise's hair, it turned out great! (Don't ask about the mayonnaise, it is a joke having to do with killing lice and how it didn't work, but was super gross)
Rose took lots of pictures and brought fun glitter toes stuff. At first we worried how we looked in the pics that Rose took, but then she confessed that she rarely gets them developed and actually lost the disc from the last years pics, so then we stopped sucking in our stomaches and trying to get the chocolate out of out teeth every time she snapped a photo.
Deanna made 2 darling crocheted hats (I know her eyes are closed, it's the only picture I had and the hat still looks way cute)
Here is the other quilt top I finished when I was down at the condo a couple of weeks ago - and - if you're keeping count, I now have 4 (!!!) tops to get quilted.
I'm off and running to the next thing - toodles!