Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ruminations

Hopped down to Hurricane for a relaxing weekend, we hadn't been there since before the holidays, so it was great to head down. The weather was beautiful. We took a 7 mile hike (low, rolling hills - or I wouldn't have made it!), the only one more tired than me was our dog! We got back to the condo and treated ourselves to this:
Yep, 4 each, we don't mess around! We went out to a nice (big) Mexican lunch, then back for a much needed NAP! I have recently gone back to the gym and started a little weight-lifting again and had done a "lower body" workout, so even before the hike, I was pretty sore. When we got to the restaurant, I was moving VERY slowly, because whenever I moved, I hurt. Then, I had this amazing light-bulb moment! I'll bet this is what it feels like to be (really) OLD! We have a few older gentlemen at our church and they move like I was moving all the time! I am trying not to be nervous about this discovery - I figure I've got 20-30 years before I feel like that all the time! (Maybe if I don't think about it, it won't happen?).
Anyway, we had a great weekend - visited a fun quilting store and even though I had already spent my paycheck, I took my sugar-daddy with me (Mr. Handsome), so I came home with some delicious fabric! I did manage to get this quilt all bound while we were watching movies:
The name of it is: "Perfectly Square, An Oxymoron", if you really look at it, you can see what a brilliant name that is - I'll wait.
Hope your January is going great! I am super excited to be working on fun quilting projects - "just for fun" - no holiday deadlines! Toodles!