Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Being Busy (And complaining about it, as usual)

I started working part time this past July. I work in the afternoons, processing commissions for my husband's real estate company, just down the street. I told him I could work from 2 - 6 p.m. It has mostly been about 2 p.m. to 4:30 or 5 p.m. It has worked out great, the afternoons have always been slow around here with the kids all gone, etc. I haven't had to give up any quilting bees, the guild meetings, etc. I would get home and still have time to make a nice dinner - and I may have mentioned that one of the conditions of going back to work for Mr. Handsome was that he would do the dishes on the nights I worked. (He has wanted me to work at "The Company" for the 7 years that he's owned it with his sister). Well, now that it is January, it has really picked up in the accounting office of which I am the sole occupant. I knew it would get a little busier, but I am getting a little more behind every day! Since I am taking the last week of the month off (Disneyland, here we come - grandchildren included!!!), I am feeling even more "behind". I have been getting home after 6, too tired to cook, practically too tired to eat! I made the mistake of needing to stop at the grocery store on the way home from work one day - it was a madhouse - and then for sure I was too tired to cook the stuff I had gone specifically to buy for dinner! Ergh!
I am hoping to go in on Saturday and "catch up", when no one knows I am in there and hopefully I'll be able to get lots done...
P.S. I don't want to hear about "going in early", I have that time all booked up with the rest of my life.
P.S.S. I am awed and amazed at all of the people who work full time and for those of you with families at home too - I am not worthy!!!