Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back from Sunny Southern California...

And, I'm having grandbaby-withdrawals already! The weather was absolutely beautiful - in the mid to high 70's. We went to the park, for walks, AND to Disneyland! It was so fun to take Brooke and the kids - Shane and Becca flew down for the Disneyland day too! It was wonderful to see my parents, my sisters and their families and have a vacation. I am looking over my schedule in the next few months and I've decided I like to take a vacation about once a month - not generally big expensive ones, just little getaways.
It was seriously nice to bust out the ol' short pants and enjoy the balmy weather. Mind you, when I lived in California (for 40 years), I would be complaining about the warm weather in January - I mean really - when is it EVER going to cool off??? It was perfect for a visit coming from the cold though. Now I relish living where there are real seasons - I actually go for weeks at a time without sweating through my bra...
P.S. We went on "Soarin' Over California" where they have a scent in there while you're flying over a 'forest', everyone raves about it, but I just think it smells like bad bathroom spray. hmmm.
P.S.S. Forget getting your kids ready for a college education - train them for work at an airline - then you get to fly for FREE!