Friday, September 5, 2008

Just a few of the blessings in my life...

It's my birthday - pretty much my favorite day of the year. Here are a few of the blessings that I'm so grateful for that make my life great...
1. My family - my husband, children, parents, sisters, GRANDCHILDREN, in-laws and all of my extended family, they have been and continue to be a huge blessing in my life.
2. Friends - my patriarchal blessing says that I will have friends thoughout my life, for which I am so grateful! I love them all so much, old friends, new friends, friends I have met through working together at church, quilting, visiting teaching, my Creative Memories Business, through our children, at 12 step, etc.
3. Quilting - I know, I'm crazy addicted, but I LOVE it, it's bringing out a creative side to me that I never knew I had, I've always been "organized", not creative, and it is so fun!!
4. My Home - I am so grateful for my home, it's cool in the summer and snug in the winter, my sweetie plants delicious tomatoes, raspberries and more for our family to enjoy. I have many happy (we're ignoring the crazy parts) memories of my homes through the years, and I realize that not everyone has that blessing.
5. My Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so incredibly grateful to have the gospel in my life, to have a kind, loving Heavenly Father, that I can turn to for anything - to complain, to thank, to ask and to just receive love from Him and His son.
Etc.... The mountains, cool weather, gas in my car, having the church 2 doors down, delicious food to eat, my flowers, walking in the mornings, my comfy bed, Doug is coming home in 2 weeks!!!, being able to travel, good books, Amanda cleaning my house, etc. etc.