Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's March Already?

     Well, I'm under a layer of drywall dust again. We decided it would be a great idea to combine our two teeny-tiny upstairs bedrooms into one large "Master-Suite".  It is a great idea, but such a pain. It's been two weeks and it's moving along:
     We are going to get a king-sized bed, instead of the queen sized we've had for many years, it will be nice to stretch out AND get to cuddle.  Here is the new closet, we are losing a couple of feet from the two 6 foot closets (1 in each small room) we had before to one ten foot closet, but with lots of organizers built in, we are hoping not to notice.  I had started looking at new houses with big master bedrooms, but then decided it would be easier and cheaper to just combine the two bedrooms.  Mr. Handsome and I are celebrating our 33rd anniversary this month and are hoping the room is finished by then - we'll see.
     I have been hiding out downstairs a bit, so I was able to finish and quilt two quilts:
This first one is for little Brian who is in a "big boy" bed, so he needed a twin-sized quilt. There are a few "Thomas the Train" blocks, since he loves choo-choos so much:
 This next batik quilt has minky on the back and is for no particular reason. I am possibly doing a trunk show this summer, so I am making and hoarding quilts in case I have to show all my stuff. I have given lots away, so I am a little worried I will have enough.
My quilting machine has calmed down a bit, so I'm hoping to get another quilt quilted in the next week or so. I am headed down south this week for the annual "Sister-in-Law Retreat" that we've had going on for 14 or 15 years, looking forward to that, even though it's hard to leave my "construction project" because there are always questions and decisions about stuff. Hope you're all having a lovely spring!