Monday, October 24, 2011

Household Happenings

I've finished another Christmas Quilting project: (Yay, me!)
And we got back from a great birthday party/family reunion in Arizona:
My Mamal (a southern word for grandmother) turned 90, so we had a party! Here she is with her 4 children - all in one place! Left to right: Janet (my mom), Linda, Richard & Dottie. Richard came in from North Carolina, Dottie came from Florida. My mom came from California . We had lots of cousins in attendance - it was wonderful. We had a great time visiting and catching up. My cousin, Mark was even there - from California and I hadn't seen him in at least 10 years! Since my Aunt Linda and Uncle Nick are semi- retired caterers, the food was wonderful! And, my Aunt Linda is, as always a superb hostess! (I am sad I didn't get more pictures, my camera setting was off and they mostly turned out really blurry!) They did have some serious scorpions down that way and when we first got there, my Uncle had a blow torch and I am thinking - "Yippee, Creme Brulee for dessert - just in time", but no, they burn up scorpions with it!!
Brooke - this picture is for you!
And - guess what we picked up on the way home? Here are a few hints:
Yes, it's a DOG!! We picked up a 6 year old "Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier" on the way home. She has a really bad hair cut, so Mr. Handsome won't take her picture yet. She is pretty cute, but still a little nervous to be away from the home she's always known (with 12! other dogs). She's a retired "champion", so she needed a home. It's pretty quiet around here. Her name is Jenny - but we can't help but call her "Jen-nay" - think "Forest Gump".
I must say it is so nice to be home here in Utah, where the fall colors are in full array and the weather is in the 60's instead of in the 90's like Arizona - I don't think I would be my normal pleasant self if I lived there... (hahahaha)
So, I'm off to sew and watch all of the fabulous/addicting shows they've just added to Netflix (like Sister Wives)...