Monday, November 9, 2009

Back from Retreat...

Well, I had a fabulous time at the quilt retreat! I bound these two quilts:


1.) A baby quilt for my nephew's baby:


2.) A Christmas Gift for "someone special":I also completed two quilt tops for additional gifts and worked on a "hard" quilt -a New York Beauty - argh! Maybe still too advanced for me!!! - Okay, so it IS too advanced for me - can you say tucks and puckers out the wazoo????


My friends and I had a wonderful time being pampered and spoiled, we were just so excited every morning when we woke up and all we had to do was go and quilt some more! No cooking, cleaning, etc. People made us wonderful food 5 times a day! (Yes, 5!!) I got to sleep in the top bunk, since I was the youngest (ha ha, I can't say too often that I am the "youngest" of any group!). It was fine sleeping up there, but making up the bed was a trick best left for much younger gals than me.


We were spoiled with chocolate truffles and the makings and directions for this cute pincushion:

Today, as I was doing laundry, dishes and the usual chores, I longingly recalled last week, when I didn't have to worry about any of that - but - I am so happy to be home with my family and I appreciate them even more; which is part of the reason I go in the first place.