Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yes, I am still alive...

It's been a little while since I've posted. I wish I could say I've been on an exotic vacation, but no, just here, doing a little quilting, a little working, tending my sweet grandson, reading some good books, etc. Here's what I've been up to in the studio:
1. This is a Christmas gift, (for someone who doesn't check out the blog), now all I have to do is take that stack of fabric at the top and subdue it into a quilt back for this baby:
Here are two more I've been working on: They may look like they match in this picture, but they are quite different. The back/square ones are for a simple quilt for the double bed at the condo (we are visiting it soon - hooray!) It matches the quilts on the bunk beds in the same room. The quilt I have on the bed now, my mom gave to me, which is great, but it is an extra enormous King-sized and even after I cut it and re-bound the end, it is still huge and unwieldy. The church dash in the front is a beautiful quilt in yellows, oranges, greens, etc. for my updated office upstairs. I put a chair in it with a light for reading when Mr. Handsome is watching something on the TV that I don't care to share with him. So this quilt is for the chair in the winter months, when something a little cozier is warranted.
I've got a ways to go for the office quilt, but I finished the 31 churn dash blocks and, after noticing they were a little wonky, was happy to see that I needed to trim them to 10 1/2 inches. Smiling with glee, imagining the neat stack I'd have after I trimmed, I was extremely disappointed to see that NONE of them even measure 10 1/2 inches BEFORE trimming... (sigh)
I am looking forward to fall, I have 3 (!!!) quilt retreats that I'm attending, visiting the condo, California, AND the grandbabies in Missouri - I love autumn...