Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quilt Fair Today!

Today, I took the day off of work and hung out at the Utah Valley Quilt Guild's annual Quilt Fair. There were free classes, lots of fun vendors and I got to see plenty of friends too - a perfect day!

As you can see, I was not shy around the vendors! I got some charm packs that I had been looking for, a cute pattern for a baby quilt (for the new arrival coming in February), a darling advent calendar kit, and some great deals on yardage. Mr. Handsome came down and bought a quilt kit for himself to make for one of our lucky sons. I was doing really well, staying within my previously decided 'budget', but...

Then there was the QUILT AUCTION! I wasn't going to buy anything! But that dang auctioneer gets me so worked up every year! I bought the darling mini quilt, made by my friend, Jacque - that was okay... But then my favorite quilt came up:It's this beauty under all of my purchases, quilted with variegated thread, made by another friend, Sharon. - I LOVE it! I just kept thinking - well, I work now, I can afford that! (Too bad I've 'pre-spent' my next check!) Oh, well - it was worth it! I think I'll sleep in the basement tonight, where it's cool, so I can sleep under it!